Sunday, September 25, 2005

Market Day on the Archipelago

I am just landing at the Donkey Airfield for the Art and Craft Fair on the Archipelago .... I didn't want to miss it as it is my favourite pastime going to craft markets and similiar.

I have so long wanted to buy an original painting as I only have 2 in my home at the moment ...I am looking for a landscape I think, not anything too modern and I don't understand way-out art at all .... I can't get the message .

Perhaps if Sylvia has any of her paper dolls then I would love to give them for Christmas presents when I return from my journey.

Anita may have a stall with some of her strange old bottles and knick-knacks from the old chemist shops .. I could add these to my collection of old wares I have dud up in the garden from time to time.

I believe Fran (Donkey Rep) has written and printed some of her work, I would love some of these.

I do like painted Mandalas and Labyrinths and those lovely wind chimes and the circular webs to catch good memories and vibes. Will Karen be there?

Stephanie does some interesting and beautiful art work I have one of her bowls with Robert Frost "The Road Less Travelled" I would love to purchase something else that grabs my attention.

Home made preserves by Trendle Ellwood I hope are there for sale.

(I am not sure if the Enchantress has put her art work in frames as yet, but if so I like the one at the tea room with the horse(Is it Pegasus) across the entrance. A copy would be nice as the original maybe too expensive.

On and on I could go. I have brought my purple knapsack with me but I don't think it will hold all I hope to buy.......

As I write I am meandering up the path from the airport and hope to catch up with all the crowd very soon

Have a happy day at the Fair,I know the weather has been kind ,the day being sunny and calm seas add to a beautiful setting.

Lois (Muse of the Sea) early Mon Morn or Late Sun Night.

2 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

My original sketches are not expensive at all Lois but I am currently having the one of Raven Visiting the Gypsy Camp made up into a card so I will give you one of those when I get them.

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

This is a great post. Ever considered writing for the Courier??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home