Friday, November 11, 2005

Heather's Bottles

Bottles of Djin

I had been mentored long ago,
to forget past fears and regrets,
"put them behind you, and move on."

and this I believed and give it a whirl,
and learned of PTSD and forlorn grief,
sinister shadows and cold, hard stones.

Then came a knowing, blessed relief --
that I am today what I have been,
and I saved those memories in boxes,
ordered on careful dusted shelves,
to be retrieved by controlled will,
and cherished.

Today I gained some mirthful wisdom --
to use jars instead of hiding boxes,
and thereby gain an easier,
possibly more enchanting view,
of distortions made clear,
and sharp edged demons
contorted soft and lonely.

3 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Lois said...

Your "Bottles of Djin"
reminds me of something I read once Faucon.....'Excuse me for using others words as poetry is not my forte......(I keep a little book of lots of quotes,poems etc that I like)

"Poetry affords us a respite in which we may gather renewed strength for the old struggle to adapt ourselves to reality."
- Robert Haven Schauffler-

Lois (Muse of the Sea) 13/11/05

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

As a sufferer of PTS I am very taken with the idea of taking those saved boxes filled with memories and examining them in a controlled manner. Thank you faucon.

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger le Enchanteur said...

Meant to mention that like so many other bits and pieces this has found its way onto the Advent Calendar. But you will all simply have to wait to see it all open up. So there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home