Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A return visit to the Sunday Market

Now travellers new and old I have been before to the last market held here some months ago and bought so many beautiful craft treasures that I had to buy a large wooden trunk to put them in ready for shipping to THAT other world.

But with your permission I would love to journey there again and see what new treasures are to be purchased ...I don't have any wares to trade as I am not a very creative creature but I love to admire and be in awe of others talents.

I remember at school way back in the 40's I did Needlework and was awarded a mark of 97% for a tray cloth made of linen and around the border fancy work cotton of all different stitches.....And this week it is on display at an exhibition in my home town of Port Melbourne which is featuring Women of Port and lo and behold my little 12" x 6" tray cloth is in a glass cabinet with my school report book showing the 97% award mark.....

Unfortunately I have never sewn since...findng my creative outlets in the garden, writing of course and other wonderful pursuits.

So as I set off to the Sunday Market which I think is just the best day to have it I look foward to catching up with you all ,having a cup of herbal tea or whatever takes your fancy and of couse some wonderful home made cakes perhaps even some of Baba Yaga's bread which is sumptuous......

I love the Spring Time it is the most glorious time of the year .. Today I stopped by the sea on my way to the market,the sun was dancing on the water and all was calm quiet and peaceful.

(I looked peaceful up in my dictionary and it says)

Peaceful---- Not in a state of war or disagreement.. calm and tranquil

How apt for a day at the Sunday Market and for the whole world

Lois (Muse of the Sea)

1 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Blogger Fran said...

O Lois, what a good story. Mine is quite different for my mittens always had thumbs far too short as I found four needles too many by far. (I have the longest thumbs for hand size and never could wear the mittens I knit!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home